Here's a scary one...

“It is because baptism is a real insertion of human beings into the ascended manhood of Christ that the Church is Christ's own body, flesh of his flesh and bone of his bones.”
― E.L. Mascall, The Mother of God: A Symposium

Comments

• I had to read that a few times to try to figure out what it means. Then I discovered it doesn't mean anything. So I picked up the emotion-it's a beautiful, lyrical statement.

The King James Bible is very poetic. That's what attracts people to religion. All these are pre-scientific mythopeotic world views To an emotional person if it feels good it's somehow TRUE-even if not FACTUALY correct.,

"Philosophy has questions that can't be answered; religion has answers that can't be questioned". --from Atheist Empire website.
  • I don't know what it means either, but i sense some perverse sex vibe in it. Kind of like what I sense with that Allison Kraus song, "when God dips his pen of love in my heart". Maybe this post is just the product of an atheist with a sex-addled brain, and would you expect anything other from an atheist?
  • I don't see the KG bible as being poetic. I see it as a collection of Limericks.

At least I find it funny.
  • To follow a passage like this I expect to hear something along the lines of ".......and as an ATHEIST, you will never understand the beauty of God's Devine word"!!
  • The dirty mind returns to the original quote and asks: "ascended manhood"?????