Howdy, Stranger!

Sign in to askatheists.com to use the forum

In this Discussion

Who's Online in the Forum (0)

help
  • my very religious parents don't know i'm atheist
    how do you think i should tell them
  • Look them in the eye and tell them that's what you are and to respect your belief. If they believe you that's good. If they don't then live your life firm on your belief. They should see that and will come to belive you.
  • Say "Mom, dad, I'm gay." *pause* "I'm not gay-- I'm an atheist." Or if you don't like that one, and you're under 18, say "mom, dad, I got a girl pregnant" *pause* "I didn't get anyone pregnant, I'm an atheist" Hopefully hearing that you're an atheist rather than gay or a teen father will be better news to them, so that when you reveal you're an atheist it will seem relatively less upsetting. However, it could go the other way. You could simply tell them "I believe in one less god than you do."
  • I get the idea.

Mom. Dad. I have something to tell you. I got the next-door neighbours' 12 year old daughter pregnant but it's OK 'cos I've murdered her and the whole family and fed them through the wood chipper.

Oh, and by the way I have now come to my senses and abandoned God. Yes, Mom and Dad. I am now atheist.

What's for dinner?
  • um thanks i guess i think ill go with A Theist